Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
Psalm 16:5-6

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Another Great Recipe for Green Beans

Nothing beats veggies from the garden.

With green beans coming in at least twice a week from the garden, I love to find different ways to cook them.  This recipe comes from my in-laws.  Being both filling and light, this dish is excellent in both the summer with fresh produce and then in the winter from produce frozen from the summer.  It is also a one dish meal which just amps up the perfectness...







Stewed Green Beans: 

2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic
1 lb of ground meat (beef, turkey, or lamb works great)
1 lb of green beans.
1 16 oz can of stewed tomatoes

In dutch oven, heat oil and then add onions.  Cook until soft and add garlic.  Stir for 2-3 minutes.  Add ground meat and cook until brown.  Once brown, add green beans and stewed tomatoes plus one can of water.  Boil until green beans are tender. 

It doesn't get much easier than that!

Stewed Green Beans
When using fresh beans, break off the tips and then snap in half, this makes for easy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment